Paris-Redux Details

Thanks to our resident artiste, we have a fine flyer for April 19th’s Paris-Redux ride.  Following are a few further details to consider:

• here’s a map of the rough outline of the ride.  I was thinking closer to 30 miles, but it’s listed here as 22+.  Given the amount of incindiary bursts and whithered surfaces facing us, the route will probably feel longer than that.  I might also add some mileage, or not.
  • given the surfaces and lack of cleanliness, a few things are recommended:  extra tubes, a pump, and considerations for tires wider than 23cm.  You do what you have to do, but some of these alleys ain’t pretty.
  • I’m not sure what is open on Sunday afternoons.  I suggest Cumberland Brews and maybe ZA’s.  If someone is passionate about post-ride libations, feel free to drop a comment and we’ll come to consensus.
  • Our rides are intended to be more group oriented, and this one especially.  Because of the difficulty with cue sheets and unnamed alleys, the group will stay together more or less, but violent outbursts and sprints are welcome.
  • I have a contest in mind, but won’t divulge until “game day”.
  • We’ll meet in the parking lot next to ‘Diary Queen’, but be mindful that parking may be disallowed in Mid-City’s lot, so prepare accordingly.  Parking is available along B’town and in the public lot next to ‘Just Fresh’.

Really dirty alley

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Paris-Redux Details

1. jimmy says:

considering running the polo bike for this, but being the stubborn idiot I am, I probably wont

2. JR says:

Intensive study has convinced me that the only brewpub in Louisville open on Sundays is Cumberland, sadly.

3. jimmy says:

BBC in St. Matthews is open Sundays

4. Tim says:

We could add the extra mileage going to the BBC and then loop back through the park- and through the final 2 sections of alleyway- to end back up at our starting point.

I don’t know how good a climb or 2 and 2 brick sections would feel after a refreshing drink, but everything is worth trying once.

5. Tim says:

Gives us a 27-miler with another brick option in Crescent Hill. Just a thought.

6. jimmy says:

wow – that route is awesome. really looking forward to this one

7. Hill says:

Is anybody on this ride going to be … for lack of a better word, slow? I’m not a woman who walks her bikes across roads at intersections or jumps off the bike at the first hint of a hill … but I’m also not so sure I can conquer the hills in Cherokee. I just don’t want to be the one slowing everyone else down … thought I’d see if anyone else closer to my skill level was planning on riding.

8. tim says:

Hill,

That’s a hard question. I don’t think the hills will be of much issue; the Cherokee climbs come late and they’re relatively short. I provide more warning, though, of the rough stretches of “cobbles/bricks” that we’ll face. It’ll be a fun, tough, tiring ride. We have a No Drop policy, but folks doing the ride also need to be aware of what they’re getting into. Feel free to email me directly- mysurly69@yahoo.com– if you have more questions.

9. Well, I am making my monthly commitment to show up. I plan to be there and this looks like just the ride to bring the trek. Fenders, 35c tires and a basket. And, I am slow. Slow and steady may not win the race, but it gets me back to the house eventually.

10. Tim says:

KYPhilo,

We won’t leave you. Hopefully you won’t leave us.

11. Michael says:

I’m intending on showing, riding my road bike just because it’s Sunday and should be nice. They’re 23’s and I don’t give a damn! But I’m glad to hear it’s not going to be a race in the truest sense of the word.

12. Seriously, you do not have to worry about me leaving you. I am not one of those “I am slow, but I only say that in case you are faster than me” type guys. I am really slow. I like it that way.

Looks like I will need to bring the rain gear up on Sunday, but that makes sense for this ride. What is a cobblestone ride without a little mud?

13. Dale says:

Michael – I am riding the road bike as well. I figure we’ll have at least two actual mechanics on hand…how much trouble could we get into…

14. Michael says:

I may change my mind on choice of bike today afterall. This rain looks semi-permanent.

15. It seems most of the RCCS rides have interesting weather. I’ll be there… assuming I still have a ride.

16. Michael says:

Interesting indeed. Blah. Probably skip out myself.

Comments are closed.