Thanks to our resident artiste, we have a fine flyer for April 19th’s Paris-Redux ride. Following are a few further details to consider:
- here’s a map of the rough outline of the ride. I was thinking closer to 30 miles, but it’s listed here as 22+. Given the amount of incindiary bursts and whithered surfaces facing us, the route will probably feel longer than that. I might also add some mileage, or not.
- given the surfaces and lack of cleanliness, a few things are recommended: extra tubes, a pump, and considerations for tires wider than 23cm. You do what you have to do, but some of these alleys ain’t pretty.
- I’m not sure what is open on Sunday afternoons. I suggest Cumberland Brews and maybe ZA’s. If someone is passionate about post-ride libations, feel free to drop a comment and we’ll come to consensus.
- Our rides are intended to be more group oriented, and this one especially. Because of the difficulty with cue sheets and unnamed alleys, the group will stay together more or less, but violent outbursts and sprints are welcome.
- I have a contest in mind, but won’t divulge until “game day”.
- We’ll meet in the parking lot next to ‘Diary Queen’, but be mindful that parking may be disallowed in Mid-City’s lot, so prepare accordingly. Parking is available along B’town and in the public lot next to ‘Just Fresh’.